La bonne cuisine de mamie Index du Forum
La bonne cuisine de mamie
Recettes simples et familliales

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
Playing guitar in front of a guy was embarrassing

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    La bonne cuisine de mamie Index du Forum >>> La bonne cuisine de mamie >>> Présentation souhaitable pour mieux se connaitre
  Sujet précédent .::. Sujet suivant    

Auteur Message

shen7

MessagePosté le: Jeu 28 Fév - 10:08 (2013)    
Sujet du message: Playing guitar in front of a guy was embarrassing
Répondre en citant

For Thompson-Hannant, the insular experience of the Mozart's Sister project has been a liberation. And, she said, other women artists have heard a similar call. "The computer has changed everything. I think there are more women involved in air jordans for sale. You don't need to be in a band with guys to make music. You can make it at home," she said. "It's a huge hurdle to meet guys you feel comfortable enough around to be yourself. At school, I was always in bands. I'm a naturally good singer, but I was never really good at any instruments. Playing guitar in front of a guy was embarrassing."

Thompson-Hannant said the best outcome of having more women involved in recording would be that some end up in key roles in what is still a male-dominated business. Specifically, she said, she would love to see more women producers and engineers.

Still, the easy access to recording music has a downside, Thompson-Hannant acknowledged: there's just too much of it out there. Asked how that affects her chances of getting her music heard, she took a long pause.

"I can't really think about that without falling down the rabbit hole," she said. "There's just so much out there. I'm going to South by Southwest next month, and it's insane. It can sometimes feel like a total nightmare. You're surrounded by bands and everybody is after the same slice of cake. Philosophically, the idea excites me because I start to think everybody's going to make music and then we're all going to be equal. But on day-to-day terms, I just think if you keep going, it's going to be jordans for sale.

"I don't think about public awareness too much," she said. "I think about making (the Hello EP) funny and cool -- something I would like and I hope other people would like."

The historical Mozart's sister, Maria Anna, was an accomplished musician who was forced by the values of 18th-century society to cut short a promising career and leave the stage entirely to her brother. Thompson-Hannant's adopting of the name implies an underdog mentality.

"I feel safer in that role," she said. "I'm an only child, a bit of a loner. And I like the perspective of the outsider. That's why artists are who they are -- because they're outside of nike air max cheap and the things people live with, but don't know how to articulate their feelings for. That perspective is important to me and it's important for people to hear it. I don't know. It's comforting."

Hello's release date is Feb. 26. The EP will be readily available on iTunes.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 28 Fév - 10:08 (2013)    
Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    La bonne cuisine de mamie Index du Forum >>> La bonne cuisine de mamie >>> Présentation souhaitable pour mieux se connaitre Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation